What is Gardening?
Gardening is an activity that involves growing, tending to, and nurturing gardens. It is known to be a branch of horticulture. In gardens, useful plants including vegetables of different varieties such as root veggies, leaf vegetables, fruits, and herbs, are usually grown for consumption purposes, for use as dyes, cosmetics, and also for medicinal purposes. The garden may also be a park where ornamental plants are grown frequently for their flowers or foliage or general appearance. The activity of gardening generally captures tending to these plants of ornaments, plants grown for consumption in order to obtain a desired outcome.
Who is a Gardener?
A gardener is any person engaged in gardening. A gardener may be involved in the design of a garden or in the maintenance of a garden.
Job Responsibilities of a Gardener
To be a successful gardener you must take pleasure in outdoor activities and must be well-versed in plant maintenance. Common Gardener job duties and obligations include: Maintaining the health and beauty of gardened areas. The following are some of the responsibilities of a gardener:
- Growing all kinds of vegetation, such as trees, flowers, and shrubs
- Tending and nurturing the plants by watering, fertilizing, and ensuring they are evenly trimmed
- Ensure that the gardening tools are in perfect working conditions
- Maintaining the appearance and top-notch state of the entire garden area, including its trees, plants, and flowers
- Cleaning up garden areas such as using a leaf blower to remove fallen leaves, dead plants and blossoms, and other debris.
- Providing garden recommendations such as creating the layout of gardens and design using your professional judgment while staying within the allotted money
- Taking care of mulching, edging, and other garden activities
- Following safety guidelines for applying chemicals and using equipment
Job Requirements of a Gardener
The requirement for getting employed are not at all intensive as gardening itself can be considered a low-skill job. The following requirements are described below:
- Good interpersonal and communication skills are needed to thrive in the working environment
- An adept show of problem-solving skills or decision-making capability will be needed in solving gardening-related challenges
- Any level of education qualification can apply – High school, SSCE, O-level, BSC, MSc, Diploma etc
- The Ideal job candidate must be a fast-learner
- Some knowledge of the health and safety laws that apply to horticulture is needed
- Ideal job candidate should be able to communicate in English
The position of the gardener is available in the United Kingdom (UK), Canada, and United States (US)
- In the United Kingdom (UK), the salary scale of a Gardener is not even. However, a gardener can work for at least 6 hours per day. The average salary per hour is £10 and about £23,000 per year. This salary may vary with the position or rank of the gardener as well as with the company offering the job.
- The salary in CANADA, ranges from $27,000 to $33,000 per year
- In the United States (US), the salary ranges from $25,000 to $35,000
- Prospects of salary increase if responsibilities are discharged with due diligence
- Prospects of cash compensations may also be applicable.
- No degree is required
- Opportunity of getting work visa and permit from your employer which gives you the opportunity of staying for a specified number of years.
- In Canada, you may also get the opportunity of securing your permanent residency
How to Apply for the Job Position
- Visit the application link attached to this post to apply for the gardener position
- Carefully read the application process and requirements again
- Fill in your personal information or biodata, upload CV if required then submit your application
- Wait to get the Job interview
- After a successful interview you will be offered the Job
Having read through the instruction given in this post, you should be ready to start your application journey. You do not need to worry about application fees. The application for the job is completely free and ensure you do not fall victim to scam or dubious individuals. We wish you best of luck in your career journey. Ensure you follow the link below to start your application journey.